Martes, Pebrero 14, 2012

Sweeter than the sixteenth

What is it with the 18th birthday really that makes it so important as to be a milestone for most people? FYI, I turned 18 today that's why I felt the need to ask this question. This post won't be a thesis-like shit that starts with questions and will answer itself later on, guys. I really don't know so please, if you do, tell me. 


As I woke up on my 18th birthday, I honestly didn't feel anything at all, well aside from still being sleepy. Truth be told, I was kind of expecting a zap or a magic that would make me feel more matured, responsible, and adult. Unfortunately, for me, I still am childish and will always be, hope not, my family's Bboy (Baby boy).


Before going any further, let me tell you first that I'm not sadist! I only have issues with birthdays when I'm the one celebrating it, but I'm happy for those who're happy celebrating theirs, heck invite me to your party and I'll try to come :D. Going back, I blame this general apathy I have for birthdays to my upbringing. Unlike most kids, I never had the privilege of having birthdays worth remembering. Not that I actually remember a lot of memories to begin with, but still I long to have a birthday that will overpower my forgetfulness and give me something to reminisce about the next year I celebrate another one. Actually, we don't celebrate birthdays that much in my family. Ours are limited to serving a lot of food whether at home or out. If we choose to stay home, you can never remove from the list of food to be served the perpetual pancit which will grant the celebrant immortality. Cake isn't a staple birthday food in our menu, btw. I also don't receive gifts in general; the last gift I remember to have received from my parents is a beyblade and when were beyblades a trend; and this wasn't even for my birthday. We don't even have a camera (contrary to my vanity) to capture and treasure another year of our joyous lives here in the humbling world we call Earth. I say, *hashtag*tanginabro to all that. 


Of course it's different if we choose to eat out. For one, my father doesn't feel the need to come. His words would be in the line of "Alam mo naman ako, anak, old-pashon" which means he'd rather stay home or "matrapik, balentayns. Atsaka punuan sa restoran". I actually don't care because I wasn't in good terms with my father then. Ooooh, come to think of it I can remember a birthday celebration of mine! I was with my mom, my cousin, and my mom's bestfriend in this really bad expensive restaurant. I only remember it because first, the rest of my family chose to stay home instead of celebrating with me, and second, the food is so bad and expensive that the only way I thought of making it worth while was to abuse the bottomless refills. Ladies and gentlemen, that was the day when Bad Restaurant in Libis considered removing bottomless options in their menu. I literally drained their iced tea dispenser. 


Add to these reasons my escalating vanity which now doesn't only cover my face, but crawled its way even to my body. I used to be really fat you know, but I got thinner, thank you, and birthdays (no birthday doesn't) leave you with extra pounds. 


Anyways, since I don't have anything to make my birthdays special, I decided to make this one a little different. I started this blog AHOHOHO! Of course we'll still eat out and all that shit I stated above. What, we're "old pashon". This time though, my father and sister will come. 


Oh you know what? I've been into Lottery even before, and today I invested 50PHP in it again, and for the first time, I wasn't able to think about whether the clerk would not allow me to buy a ticket because of my age, but of course, it cannot be because of my age anymore. I feel such a badass for buying lottery tickets before I was 18. fvk thee police tindera ng tiket.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento