Huwebes, Pebrero 16, 2012

The first time I got something not uncertain


Dirty, feeling cool, rebel, and hopefully not as far as Satanista. These are the labels the society gives to people with tattoos. Some of my friends, and all my blockmates I think, already know that I am inked. I did not just use the word inked. Ew Badass =)). Well first, I'm definitely not a satanist or anti-christ. Don't you even dare think about giving me that Leviticus verse saying body prints are a sin! Take note that along those verses are words that state how eating shrimp and other non-fishes like clams and such are also evil. Non-fishes = #imbentoword. Yuck sobrang jeje I'm using hashtags outside twitter. Thanks Mr. Ray Aguas for the Leviticus lesson. Second, it's not dirty. I'll tell you what's dirty, shit is. Things with Kuya Germs! Unless people somehow manage to innovate poop to be used as inks then tattoo might be dirty!  Another thing that's dirty is when you slowly take your clothes off while dancing. 


Okay maybe I'd agree with people who thinks getting a tattoo is a means for people to feel better about themselves, to feel cool. Honestly, I won't get one if I didn't think it was cool in the first place. Plus, I'm a bit of a masochist so I loved the thrill of the needle stabbing my upper spine to death. I think the only bragging right you get with the tattoo is the fact that you endured. The pain was no joke, but getting something you sincerely want will definitely be something to hold on to through out the process.

Maybe not all would agree, but in my part, it is also a form of rebellion. My parents, most especially my mom, are very strict. My mom is what people would call the Tiger Mom. No this, no that. Get below 90 in exams, grounded. Poor baby boy blue, always grounded, and was never allowed to go outside the house. Okay, enough self-pity. Good thing my mom is in hibernation recently because my grades are fucked up. For all of you to know, I did ask permission to get a tattoo, but my mom didn't allow me to. And this is the most rebel I can get. My father's cool with it though, he even paid for it. Papa actually wants one for himself for the longest time but he's afraid of the pain *ehem* wuss. No, my father doesn't even know how to turn the monitor on so I'm safe. 

More than the rebellion and the love for the art, the reason why I actually had a tattoo is to feel something permanent in me. People die, my pet Buchingching recently died, promises break, opinions vary, friends stray, your hobbies change. I know, diamonds are forever, but people steal diamonds, so you can lose them. Try to steal the chunk of my spine with the tattoo, you cannibal! But seriously, the meaning behind my tattoo is actually the representation of my parents. Dragon and Tiger are the Chinese horoscopes of my father and mother respectively. See, my mom literally is the tiger mom. I had it placed on my back because it makes me think that whatever happens, they both always got my back no matter what, and I got theirs. The flame above represents the fact that though they are divorced, nobody can really say that we are a broken family. Ours is the first family you'll ever hear where in the parents aren't actually together, but can still live in the same house as friends, individually as a mother and as a father to their kids without being quite the couple. Hopefully they don't get back together though or else I'll vomit the inks of my tattoo out.

Unfortunately, and I regret to say that, I got this design from Google -fcking- Images. You may now insert the grossed out Yao Ming meme here and start giving me the stone to death that I deserve. But maybe this is something else that I will always remember when I grow up. That I was once a kid who relied on Google for something that is supposed to be a hard decision. My exact words on my search box were "Tiger and Dragon tattoo" HAHA :| I'm ashamed. In my defense, I had stuff altered! The dragon is more escalated in my tattoo as requested by my father to be more dominant than my mom; parang bata :)). There are other alterations but I won't share it to anyone just yet. Just to make it more personal. Maybe the other alteration, I'll share it to my wife first. Now this post shall end because I have to be on a quest to find that wife.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento